Rapper Fatally Shot By Police

Rapper Fatally Shot By Police

A man was fatally shot after he was found sleeping in a car at a Taco Bell drive-thru, the family is blaming the six police officers from California for acting as “judge, jury, and executioner.” The local rapper known as ‘Willie Bo’  was only 20 at the time of his death. The family of ‘Willie Bo’ (Willie McCoy) has hired an attorney to investigate whether the use of deadly force was justified.

According to the Vallejo Police Department officers responded to a 911 call from a Taco Bell employee at around 10:30 pm. When two officers arrived on the scene they found McCoy sleeping in the driver’s seat with a handgun on his lap, the door was locked and the car was still in drive. Police stationed a cruiser in front of McCoy’s car in case it began to roll forward. USA TODAY wrote about what happened next “That’s when McCoy “suddenly” moved and looked at the officers, the statement said. Officers gave several commands for McCoy to put his hands up, police said, but he “quickly moved his hands downward for the firearm.”

The shooting is being investigated by the Solano District Attorney’s Office. Body cameras are being reviewed and the number of times McCoy was shot will be released once an autopsy is completed.

“It is sad to hear things like this happen, nobody deserves to die like that. I don’t know what can be done differently but something needs to change. I can only imagine the grief that the victim’s family is going through. It also has to be terrible to feel responsible for taking a person’s life if you stand in the responding Officers shoes,” said Emma Walker, a senior at Lakewood High School.