Tuesday February 19, 2019

Seniors applying to Cleveland State Universityare invited to sign up for CSU INSTANT DECISION DAY #2, tomorrow in the School Counseling Dept. You must make application via the CSU website. When choosing payment option at the end, choose “pay by mail” and your application fee may be waived on Instant Decision Day when meeting with the representative in the School Counseling Dept.

Attention all senior males:  Do you intend to enter a 4yr college or university? Applications are available NOW in the School Counseling Dept. and online for the Charles Winning Scholarship. You could earn $1,000 toward the college or university of your choice!

There will be a meeting for any 9thto 12thgrade student interested in trying out for the LHS baseball teams today, at 3:10pm in the Gym by the Weight Room.  It is very important that you attend or at least stop by to find out times of Try Outs and information needed to prepare for playing High School Baseball.

Congratulations to Safe Jassani on his narrow victory over Dr. G in the recent Seinfeld History Trivia competition.  A rematch is set for April.

Attention seniors, if you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, you will need to sign up outside the bookroom or outside room C215. Tryouts will take place on March 12th, at 3:15 in room C215. During tryouts, you will have to present a 3 to 4 minute excerpt of your speech and will be evaluated both on the content of your speech and your presentation skills. If you have questions, see Mr. Lamphear in C215.

Are you looking for a great summer job?  Lakewood Recreation is now hiring enthusiastic and responsible students for summer jobs as lifeguards, pool attendants, concession workers, baseball scorekeepers, and more!  Complete an application at www.lakewoodrecreation.com/summerjobs.  Lifeguard training courses are available this spring – sign up today!

LHS seniors seeking to continue their education at a 4-year or 2-year college, university or trade school, are encouraged to apply for Lakewood Ranger Education Foundation Scholarship.  The Lakewood Leadership Team scholarship application is available now through the Guidance Office for any senior who intends to pursue an education major. Deadline is also March 14th, click on the link for a scholarship packet at www.lakewoodrangers.com/programs

Junior Megan Ashley finished second in individual qualifying on Sunday at the Division 1 Sectional Bowling Tournament.  She will be competing at the District tournament this coming Saturday at Roseland bowling center in Oakwood Village near Solon at 9am for a chance to make it to the State Tournament in Columbus. Good Luck Megan!

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Hot and Spicy Chicken and Cheese Wrap $3.50

Papa John’s Cheese, or Pepperoni Pizza, $3.00 per slice