Father of 4

Father of 4

On Friday, February 22, 2019, Hip-hop star Offset released his debut solo album. Kiari Kendrell Cephus,  professionally known as Offset, is an American rapper from Georgia. He is a member of the rap and trap music trio, Migos alongside cousins Takeoff and Quavo.

In 2018 Quavo and Takeoff released solo albums, as the conversation for who the best Migos stirred. The highly anticipated album Father of 4 is Offsets first solo project that perfectly showcases his talent. The Album features big artists such as Cardi B, Travis Scott, 21 Savage, J. Cole, Gucci Mane, CeeLo Green, and more.

Father of 4 was originally set to drop on December 14th but was postponed without explanation. The single “Red Room” that appears on the album, surfaced on streaming platforms last year but was later removed.  He teased the album during the 2019 Grammys with footage of Cardi B giving birth to their daughter, Kulture who appears on the album cover.

This and the fact that the other members of Migos have released albums has only increased the hype and buzz surrounding the release of Father of 4. We talked to Music critique Chris Thelen and asked his opinion on the album and who he thinks is the best on the three Migos. “I loved this album. I felt like Offsets flow and lyrics remain supreme.” He would go on to say- “It’s hard to declare a victor in the Migos argument because their music when they work together will always be better.”

You can find and listen to the album on music streaming platforms such as Spotify and Itunes.