History of Gucci

History of Gucci

Nowadays you see a lot of famous people wearing Gucci. Gucci is an Italian luxury brand of fashion and leather goods. Gucci was founded by Guccio Gucci in Florence, Tuscany, in 1921. He founded the ‘House of Gucci’ as a family owned business in Florence, with a manufacturing unit and a small leather accessories shop. He successfully combined the experience he had seen abroad with the craftsmanship of Italy.

His shop sold leather bags and various other accessories designed by him and soon came to be known as a brand that offered high quality items and original designs. When it first began, the company manufactured quality leather luggage items. Gucci sells all types of stuff, for example, clothes, bags, belts and shoes. Handbags and briefcases are still some of the most popular Gucci items.

The famous double G logo stands for Guccio Gucci. The GG logo was not created by Gucci himself. It was designed in 1960 to honor Guccio Gucci after his death and they have kept the GG logo ever since. The Gucci “Genius Jeans” entered the Guinness World Records as the most expensive pair of jeans in the entire world. They were valued at a $3,134 back in 1998.

Gucci has a revenue of 7.1 billion USD and it will keep growing every year. Gucci has been trending over the years because of professional players and rappers wearing this brand. Senior Devon Brown said,“The brand is so expensive, but all the things they sell is what the professional players wear, everyone wants to be like the pros.”