Friday March 15, 2019

College Credit Plus intent to participate forms are due in the Counseling Department no later than April 1st.

Forms will not be accepted after April 1st.

Local scholarship deadlines are coming up fast!

The Lakewood Leadership Team, Kiwanis Club of West shore, and the Lakewood Council of PTAs Scholarships are all due today.

The Lakewood Kiwanis Foundation deadline is April 1st.

Scholarship applications can be found outside the School Counseling Department (formerly the Guidance Office), and in Naviance under the scholarship tab.  Click on the scholarship link. 

Don’t forget to check your calendar and sign up outside the H2O office, E102 in the cafeteria for great volunteer opportunities.

We will be delivering groceries at The Westerly Senior Apartment complex after school today or, one afternoon during spring break, we will take a service trip to the Ohio City Bike Co-op, to learn basic bike maintenance and help promote cycling for all ages.

It’s a great time to start building a service record for employment, college and scholarship applications.

Seniors, if you received an invitation to a luncheon after Spring Break featuring Judson Laipply, who performed the Evolution of Dance, please be sure to have your 4th& 5thperiod teachers sign your permission slip, and return it to Guidance by Monday after school.

Students, did you know that in the LHS health center, we have the AG Dignity Closet?

Mrs. Giffels believed that everyone deserves a little help, especially when they need it, but won’t ask.

Items available for students at the AG Dignity Closet are: toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, travel size shampoo and conditioner, hand sanitizer, coats, gloves, hats, household items, and more.

Also, just in time for Prom season, we have a few pairs of girls dressy shoes.

3 pairs of size 7M and 1 pair of 7W.

Stop by the health center if you need anything.

Any National Honor Society member that did not attend Wednesday’s meeting needs to see Mr. Roth in A210 by the end of the week.

Congratulations to the following 9th grade students for their performance at the 2019 Northeast Ohio Regional Science and Engineering Fair!

Winners are: 

• Alexander Pongracz: 2nd place Physics + Rob Smith Award for Physics + American Meteorological Society Award
    • Zoe Hunter: 2nd place Behavioral Science
    • Caleigh Naylon: 2nd place Biology
    • Mia Condosta: 3rd place Biology + Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute Award
    • Greta Franz: 3rd place Environmental Science + American Statistical Association Award
    • David Stack: 3rd place Physics
    • Amal Elhachdani: Honorable Mention Biology + NEOSEF Board of Directors Award

The Cleveland Clinic has girls’ clothing available free of charge.

If you are in need of any clothing items please stop by the Clinic Office after school today.

We have a variety of styles and sizes.

The Clinic office is located just across the hall from the Main office.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Papa John’s Cheese, or Pepperoni Pizza, $3.00 per slice