Apple AirPods 2

Apple AirPods 2

Apple announced on March 24th that the Apple AirPods 2nd generation are in the making. Apple AirPods are wireless Bluetooth ear buds, which were originally released by Apple in December 2016; but what’s so new with the 2nd generation?

The Apple AirPods 2 has the updated H1 chip. With the new H1 chip, the AirPods pair up with any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac. Also, with the new H1 chip, you can easily switch between devices. The H1 chip in the Apple AirPods 2 is really impressive because it connects quicker to your devices and switching between devices while listening to music is now two times faster.

Another thing that is new is that you have the option of getting the wireless charger with the AirPods. AirPods continue to offer up to five hours of battery life when listening to music, and the case provides an additional 24 hours of battery life. The new AirPods are more efficient with the H1 chip and talk time has increased from two hours to three hours. Another thing that is new is the “Hey Siri” functionality. This allows users to control volume and swap songs through voice commands.

There’s no longer a need to tap on the AirPods to activate Siri in this version. Even with all the new features, the Apple AirPods 2 are still not waterproof. The starting price will be at 200 dollars and the AirPods 2 are coming out on March 30, 2019.

Senior Tommy Sala said, “The new AirPods look like the first ones and I don’t think it’s worth the extra 40 dollars for the new ones.”