Rapper Nipsey Hussle shot dead

Nipsey Hussle was shot and killed outside his clothing store in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 31. He “was shot multiple times, according to The Los Angeles Times. The 33-year-old’s death was confirmed by a city official.” Two others were shot in the fatal shooting that occurred on that Sunday afternoon. The motive for the shooting has yet to be identified. The Los Angeles police stated that at least one suspect fled from the scene in a car.

Ermias Davidson Asghedom, known professionally as Nipsey Hussle was an American rapper based in Los Angeles. Becoming popular in the mid-2000’s Nipsey Hussle dropped many mixtapes including  Bullets Ain’t Got No Name series, The Marathon (released on December 21, 2010), The Marathon Continues (released November 1, 2011), and Crenshaw (released on October 8, 2013). The rapper was nominated for Best Rap Album at the 61’st annual Grammy awards in 2019 due to his commercial success of his Studio Album Victory Lap released in February 2018.

When word spread of the iconic rappers death the public outcry and support flooded the web.“My whole energy is just at a low right now hearing this,” the rapper Drake, who collaborated with Nipsey Hussle, wrote on Instagram. “You were a real one to your people and to the rest of us. I’m only doing this here cause I want the world to know I saw you as a man of respect and a don. Rest easy my g.” (Mihir Zaveri and Joe Coscarelli of CNN) A local resident of Lakewood stated, “One of the greatest to ever live was taken from us, such a tragedy to see someone so talented as Nipsey to die so cold-heartedly.”