Lakewood Alive Releases Event List

Lakewood Alive Releases Event List

Last week, Lakewood Alive made the event list for the rest of the year public. The events that are included are the same events that Lakewood holds every summer and winter.  According to the schedule, the front porch concert series kicks off the events.

The events include the Front Porch Concert Series, Lakewood Summer Meltdown, Spooky Pooch Parade, Lakewood Chocolate Walk, and of course Light Up Lakewood. Here is a list of the dates and times for Lakewood’s wonderful events sponsored by local shops.

Front Porch Concert Series: The series starts on June 28th and runs until August 30th; they are from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Every week there is a new performer on the front steps of Lakewood Library. Come out and enjoy live music and great weather.

Lakewood Summer Meltdown: The Meltdown is one of Lakewood’s most popular events. This year the event is going to be held on July 13th from 4 to 10 p.m. The live music, food vendors, games, and running event are all a part of the extravaganza.

Spooky Pooch Parade: On October 19th from to 12:30 – 3:30, you can experience Halloween fun through the crazy costumes dogs are wearing. The event is free and is held behind Drug Mart at Kaufmann Park.

Chocolate Walk: This year will be the 11th year for this event. On October 24th, in the heart of Downtown Lakewood, you can experience chocolate from over 20 different local shops and enjoy all the chocolate you can eat.

Light Up Lakewood: On December 7th, you can experience the holiday spirit with a parade, food vendors, ice carvings, and tree lighting; the day brings so much joy to all ages.

Will Adams, a senior here at LHS, stated, “Light Up Lakewood is definitely my favorite event that Lakewood Alive hosts, but all of them are great.”

Make sure to mark down these on your calendar– you won’t want to miss them!