Rapper Shot and Killed

Nipsey Hussle was a Grammy-nominated rapper who was shot and killed outside of his own clothing store in Los Angeles. Two other men were shot, according to NBC News. It is also reported that the suspect remained at large.

The Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s Crisis Response Team confirmed the news. “Today we lost a great musician, Nipsey Hussle,” they reported.

Hussle was found with multiple shot wounds. According to NBC News, the rapper was found in the parking lot just outside Marathon Clothing Los Angeles. He was rushed to the hospital and later pronounced dead. Los Angeles Lt. Chris Martinez reported that one of the two men that was wounded in the incident and received treatment at a hospital. The other individual who was wounded declined treatment.

Even though he is no longer with us, his accomplishments will live on. Hussle’s debut studio album, “Victory Lap,” was nominated for Best Rap Album of the year at this year’s Grammy Awards Ceremony. “I think that with me being influential as an artist and young and coming from the inner city, it makes sense for me. to be one of the people that’s waving the flag,” he said.

Hussle was also an investor. He recently invested in Vector 90, a co-working space in South Central Los Angeles. This is a place where young people can take classes in the fields of science, technology, and mathematics. He referred to the center as a “bridge between Silicon Valley and the inner city.” Last year, he attended the Afrotech conference and stated that he hoped to expand into other cities such as Atlanta, Washington, and Baltimore.

His life and career may have been cut short, but he has managed to make his mark in this world. Many celebrities sent their condolences through social media including Rihanna, J. Cole, and LeBron James. “He was one of the few rappers who cared about investing money and being your own boss. It was way more than music for him,” said Lakewood High School senior Christian Bendahan.