Homecoming: A Film By Beyoncé

Beyoncé Knowles has been on top of the music industry ever since R&B group, Destiny’s Child. Later, establishing a solo career, she’s been running the world ever since. Knowles is known for her incredibly hard work ethic and extraordinary vocal abilities. Starting with her debut album, Dangerously In Love, becoming music’s top-selling artists with sold-out tours and many winning awards. Beyoncé has since came a long way ever since she was a young girl.

(Credit: YouTube)

Last year, Beyoncé became the first black woman to headline annual music festival, Coachella. Many have said that this was an iconic moment in pop culture and will forever go down in history as a cultural movement. The Coachella performance paid tribute to the Black experience in America while honoring Black colleges and universities.

https://lakewoodtimes.net/2018/04/20/beyonce-makes-history-at-coachella-2018/

Homecoming: A Film By Beyoncé, will be “interspersed with candid footage and interviews detailing the preparation and powerful intent behind her vision, [the movie] traces the emotional road from creative concept to cultural movement.”

“Beychella” became a stunning spectacle. Beyoncé’s first major performance since giving birth to twins was essentially an ode to historically black colleges and universities and, more broadly, black culture, complete with a drum line, majorettes, step-dancing and a mock probate. More than a hundred dancers and musicians donned the Beyhive’s signature colors, yellow and black, and flanked the singer as she moved from song to song, including “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” commonly referred to as the black national anthem.” – Washington Post

Beyoncé was initially set to perform at Coachella in 2017, but soon cancelled because of her pregnancy. It was during her hiatus that she thought of the perfect ideas and creative concepts to come up with in the next year in her 2018 Coachella performance.

“I had time to dream and dream and dream with two beautiful souls in my belly, and I dreamt up this performance,” she said mid-performance. “And this is more than I ever dreamt of it being. And thank you guys for sharing this with me. I hoped you all enjoyed the show. I worked very hard.”

This is Beyoncé’s first Netflix collaboration. Homecoming: A Film By Beyoncé is set to air on April 17th, 2019.

“I’m very excited for Beyoncé’s new film/documentary. I think it will be interesting seeing the queen herself and how hard she works on her designs and seeing the vision she planned for this amazing performance throughout the movie.” – Arianna Ross, LHS