Rangers Baseball Team leads Conference!

Rangers Baseball Team leads Conference!

On Wednesday the LHS Boys’ baseball team appeared on top on the conference standings after beating Avon 5-1.  Avon, Amherst, and Lakewood were all tied in first with a 4-1 conference record going into Wednesday’s games. There are only a couple more weeks left in high school baseball, the Rangers are hot approaching the halfway point in their season.

Wednesday was a cold day but that didn’t stop Terrance Checkett from completing a full game, giving up only one run in the 6th. The Rangers bats came out swinging early with 4 runs coming in the first inning. David Facaros had a clutch 2 RBI double, following big at-bats by Max Llewellyn and Albert Wilhelmy, who would both walk in a run.

The game seemed to go quick with back to back no run innings by both teams until the Rangers would score one in the 5th. The much-needed hit would come from Armani Adams who would get the scoring run over to third. The Avon Eagles would find themselves down only 4 after scoring one in the 6th, but their resistance wouldn’t be enough for the tough Rangers defense.

After going hitless in the 7th and losing, the Eagles would fall to 2nd in the conference. The Amherst Comets would lose to Avon Lake the same day. We asked first basemen, Sean Miller, what he thought the team was doing and what they need to do to keep the first place spot. Miller reported saying, “I feel like we’re really playing as a team, yes most of our games have been close but we know how to win. We can’t let anything get to our heads and we have to keep our confidence high.”