Underwater Easter Egg Hunt

Underwater Easter Egg Hunt

The Easter holiday is drawing near–this Sunday is the day of the holiday itself. For Lakewood, this means lots of festive events planned around candy, bunnies, and, of course, Easter eggs! Easter egg hunts are one of the most popular activities for children around this time of year, and the Lakewood recreation department is hosting one with a fun twist.

This Saturday morning, there will be an underwater Easter-egg hunt at the Lakewood High school pool. The event starts at 10:00 am, and will end at noon. Children will be broken up into groups based on their age; children younger than six are required to be accompanied by an adult. Inflatable flotation devices are not allowed, but if a child is not a strong swimmer, they can wear a life vest.

There will be 600 plastic eggs distributed around the pool, with some floating and some sinking to the bottom (for the more skilled swimmers to collect). At the end of the hunt, the eggs can be exchanged for prizes. When the kids are not collecting eggs, they will be able to play with pool toys, participate in water basketball, or jump off the diving boards.

As Lakewood resident Ella Calleri says, “I remember going to the underwater egg hunt when I was a kid, and it was a really fun time”. This event is obviously geared towards the younger population of Lakewood, but it could still be fun to attend with a younger sibling or neighbor!

The cost of the event is five dollars per child if preregistering online (the link can be found on the recreation department’s website) or seven dollars at the door. Preregistration is only open through April 18th though, so if you want the cheaper tickets, buy them fast!