Disney Plus Streaming Service

Disney is coming out with a new streaming service called Disney Plus, similar to Netflix and Hulu. It will have its own original shows.

In a three-hour event last Thursday, Disney finally announced its cost, release date, and some of the shows and movies they will have. The streaming service is planned to launch November 12th. It will cost $7 a month, cheaper than Netflix.

Disney Plus supports streaming to most devices, including phones, computers and TVs. They plan to make Disney Plus available on Apple TV, Playstation 4 and Roku TVs as well.

The new streaming service is heavily depending on their big-budget franchises like Marvel and Star Wars. They have a Star Wars based show called The Mandalorian which will be available at the launch of the streaming service.

Other shows they will be releasing is many Marvel spinoffs including a Loki centered series, A WandaVision show focusing on Vision and Scarlet Witch, and The Falcon and Winter Soldier TV series. They will also be releasing their own movies, including Captain Marvel at the launch.

Other shows included in the Disney Plus launch is all of The Simpsons episodes, The Sound of Music, The Princess Bride and Malcolm in the Middle. It will also house all of the Pixar and Disney Vault classics like Bambi and The Lion King.

Lakewood Computer Technician/Specialist Ron Forkins says “Disney Plus promises to be your one-stop shop for all things Disney. With new programming around their flagship titles and eventual access to all Disney movies ever made.”