Notre-Dame Cathederal Fire

Police and fire officials said on Tuesday they will spend the next 48 hours going over the safety of Notre Dame Cathedral after a fire damaged the building Monday.

“We have identified some vulnerabilities in the structure … notably in the vault and the north transept pinion that needs securing,” Laurent Nunez, a junior interior minister, said Tuesday, according to The Guardian. The newspaper reported architects had identified three holes in the structure due to Monday’s fire in the locations of the spire, the transept and the vault of the north transept.

French Interior Minister Christopher Castaner,  said Tuesday that reconstruction of the building will take “days and even months,” CNN said.

Authorities believe that the Monday’s fire was accidental, but officials have launched an investigation to determine the exact cause of the fire.

French cosmetics group L’Oreal, it’s majority shareholder, the Bettencourt Meyers family, and the Bettencourt Schuller foundation pledged to donate 200 million euros ($226 million) to help restore Notre Dame, according to a report from Reuters.

In a tweet Tuesday, the CEO of Apple, Tim Cook said the technology company he heads will also donate to help rebuild the cathedral after it was ravaged by flames on Monday.

“We are heartbroken for the French people and those around the world for whom Notre Dame is a symbol of hope,” Cook wrote. “Apple will be donating to the rebuilding efforts to help restore Notre Dame’s precious heritage for future generations.”

Lakewood High School’s own Alexander Blinky said, ” this is devastating, the cathedral has been up for so long. I hope no one did this on purpose.”