Clippers Tame the Deficit

On Monday night, the LA Clippers made NBA history. The team came back from a 31-point deficit against the first-seed Warriors, reigning NBA champs. The team pulled together late in the third quarter to cut the deficit to single digits by the end of the fourth quarter.

They finished out with a 135-131 win from a huge team effort. Lou Williams led all players with 36 points and 11 assists and Montrezl Harrell chipped in 25 points and 10 rebounds. People enjoyed watching the best bench in the NBA take down the Warriors. Danilo Gallinari led the starters with a playoff-career-high of 24.

“One of the greatest single game comebacks by a team that barely made the playoffs,” hooper Alex Bransteter commented on the affair Tuesday morning via live interview.

The Warriors had plenty of ailments to their game in reality. Kevin Durant alone was responsible for nine of their many turnovers, meaning he had more turnovers than actual field goals. Demarcus Cousins did not attend the game as well due to a torn quad muscle and it will be unlikely he returns for the rest of the season. Very disappointing for the man who only signed for one season with the team.

Even Curry didn’t have his best game. He put up 29 points but was outmatched by Lou Williams’ 36. He even missed a game winning shot opportunity, sealing the Warriors fate. The whole team seemed to have fallen apart by the late third quarter, aiding in their loss. Turnovers where paramount in their failure, where at one point, they had a projected 99.9% chance to win.