“Columbine Obsessed” Florida Woman Manhunt

Schools all over the Denver area were closed April 17 just because of a teen from Florida. 19 different school districts had been closed and on lockdown. Sol Pais is described as “infatuated with Columbine” by the FBI.

Pais had made several threats leading up to her departure from Miami to Denver. After landing, she immediately bought a shotgun and shotgun ammunition, not even two miles away from Columbine, according to cnn.com.

Though her threats were not specific, they were credible with her actions, which raised enough suspicion and alarm.

She was cleared after two background checks by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. The shop says that they had no reason to suspect that she would be a threat to herself or others.

The schools in the Denver area had already been on edge with the 20th anniversary of the Columbine shooting right around the corner.

Pais had been missing for a few hours before her body was found Wednesday April 17 at the bottom of Mount Evans. The mountain is located about 60 miles west of Denver. Pais’ cause of death appears to be a self-inflicted shotgun wound, so her death is currently being ruled as a suicide.

Denver police and the Colorado FBI believe that Pais was acting alone, as there was no evidence of her conspiring with anybody inside of Denver.

“I wonder what she said that would’ve been considered so threatening,” said Paige Turcotte. “It’s a good thing that there isn’t a threat there anymore though.”