Notre-Dame de Paris

Notre-Dame de Paris

The Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris, France went up in flames on April 15, 2019. The construction of the Cathedral started in 1163 and opened to the public in 1345. The Cathedral drew in around 13 million people every year to visit. Which averages around 30,000 people every day to go and see the Cathedral.

Built in the 12th century, by six architects which had taken 182 years to finish, the Cathedral was built in a French Gothic architecture style. Being one of the most amazing architectures in the world, said by many.

CNBC states, “The city’s mayor and firefighters warned people to stay away from the area.” Making sure no one would get hurt from the fire. While the Cathedral spire fell down from a height of 226 feet. “There have been no confirmed deaths,..” according to the Paris police since they had secured the area.

The Paris firefighters put the fire out later that day. When the fire had gone out, the crowds had started arriving to witness the damage. Firefighters say that the fire may have started from the renovation work that was being done on the Cathedral.

The Notre-Dame Cathedral also had become famous because of the classic novel “The Hunchback of Notre-Dame,” by Victor Hugo; the novel was published in 1831. Also having Walt Disney Pictures release the movie in 1996, made there more publicity for this piece of architecture.

Being a heartbreaking sight to all the tourists and citizens of France visiting this, many are still at a loss of words from this shocking tragic event.