Thursday April 18, 2019

Would you be interested in joining the chess club here at Lakewood High school?

We will be meeting next Wednesday, April 24thin room A127.  

No experience is necessary.

Today is the last day of the Voter registration drive in the cafeteria, during all lunch periods today.

If you will be 18 by November 3, 2019, you can register to vote!

In preparation, please know your Ohio driver’s license number or the last four digits of your social security number.

We will have information on upcoming elections, candidates, along with ways for you to become more politically active.

It’s our civic duty to take part in our democracy by participating in elections.

The Westerly Grocery Delivery is taking place tomorrow even though we don’t have school. 

Join us at 3PM to make sure our senior neighbors have enough food for the long Holiday weekend.  

Get the details and sign up at the H2O office, E102 in the cafeteria. 

It’s that time of year again, when the “Everyone But the Seniors Art Show” is happening here at LHS.

The opening event is next Thursday, April 25that 4pm.

There will be an awards ceremony at 6pm.

So mark your calendars, you won’t want to miss this event!

Here’s a reminder of School Policies — Please be here every day.  Being here is half the battle.  Also, have Chromebooks charged and ready for testing days next week.

Make every day a great day, the choice is yours!

Hey Seniors!  The senior T-shirts have arrived, and they look great!  If you ordered a

T-shirt stop by the Bookroom to pick it up, and remember, senior t-shirt day is Wednesday, May 8th.

Prom goers! Parking is $10.00, why not save on the hassle of driving and parking and take theFREE bus ride from LHS to the museum.  Pick up a field trip form outside of the Bookroom.

The U.S. Army is visiting LHS today during all lunch periods in the athletic hallway.

THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE!!!

Doris Burkley was a Lakewood High School graduate and a longtime educator in our district. Her gift in the form of at least $3,000 will be awarded to 4 students who aspire to continue post high school education.  This scholarship will continue her legacy in this community. Please pick up an application in the School Counseling Dept.  Deadline for this application is April 26th.

Also available are the Gardeners of Greater Cleveland Scholarship – deadline is April 25th.

The 2019 Lakewood Athletic Boosters Scholarship deadline is April 30th.

O’Neill Healthcare Scholarship ($500) for anyone who is pursuing a Nursing Career, Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy Careers – deadline is May 6th.

Attention seniors! The OAPSE 129 Scholarship deadline has been extended to Friday, May 10th.  $500.00 is up for grabs so don’t miss this opportunity to get additional money for college, university, or trade school.  Pick up the application in the guidance office today!

Seniors, we’re almost there!!

234 of 328 Seniors have completed their Senior Video Surveys!   If you haven’t done so, please complete your survey.  If you didn’t receive it, come to the School Counseling Dept. 

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Barbecue Chicken and Cheese Wrap $3.50

Papa John’s Cheese, or Pepperoni Pizza, $3.00 per slice