Wednesday April 24, 2019

Would you be interested in joining the chess club here at Lakewood High school?

We will be meeting todayin room A127.  

No experience is necessary.

It’s that time of year again, when the “Everyone But the Seniors Art Show” is happening here at LHS.

The opening event is tomorrow at 4pm.

There will be an awards ceremony at 6pm.

So mark your calendars, you won’t want to miss this event!

Hey seniors!  The senior T-shirts have arrived, and they look great! 

If you ordered a T-shirt stop by the Bookroom to pick it up, and remember, senior t-shirt day is Wednesday, May 8th.

Prom goers! Parking is $10.00, why not save on the hassle of driving and parking and take theFREE bus ride from LHS to the museum.  Pick up a field trip form outside of the Bookroom.

Barnstormers Drama Club and the Performing Arts Department will perform MAMMA MIA, May 2nd, 3rd, and 4that 7:30pm in the Civic Auditorium.

Tickets can be purchased in advance in the Book Room for $8.00.

Tickets purchased at the door are $10.00.

Get your tickets fast; you won’t want to miss the show!

THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE!!!

Doris Burkley was a Lakewood High School graduate and a longtime educator in our district. Her gift, in the form of at least $3,000 will be awarded to 4 students who aspire to continue post high school education.  Please pick up an application in the School Counseling Dept.  Deadline is April 26th.

Also available are the Gardeners of Greater Cleveland Scholarship – deadline is April 25th.

The 2019 Lakewood Athletic Boosters Scholarship deadline is April 30th.

O’Neill Healthcare Scholarship ($500) for anyone who is pursuing a Nursing Career, Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy Careers – deadline is May 6th.

Attention all students… The 2019 Lakewood High School yearbook has been printed and is being prepared to ship.

Pre-sales were very strong this year and we have less than 87 unclaimed books.

If you want to make sure that, you get a copy of the yearbook on distribution day, order yours as soon as possible.

Bring $60 to the Bookroom as soon as possible.

Pre-sales will end next Tuesday, April 30 or whenever we run out of books, whichever comes first.

Don’t be left out…order yours today.

AIR tests are this week…tomorrow’s test is Biology, and Friday’s are Algebra & Government. Don’t forget to bring your Chromebooks FULLY Charged every day.  Then on Friday, bring your FULLY Charged Chromebooks and calculators. 

We will be meeting todayin room A127.  

No experience is necessary.

The opening event is tomorrow at 4pm.

Don’t be left out…order yours today.