Damian Lillard and the Blazers Knock Out OKC

Damian Lillard made his biggest statement on Tuesday by not speaking at all. He has heard everything the taunts, chants, etc. He was sick of Oklahoma City Thunder and decided to do something about it.

Lillard knocked down a 37 foot shot in Paul George’s face to eliminate OKC from the playoffs. As the shot was in the air Lillard turned to OKC’s bench, where Westbrook resided, to wave goodbye. The crowd was insane.

The Trail Blazers took down OKC 118-115 in game 5 of 7.

Lillard ended the game with 50 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and the game-winning 3-pointer. Through the series, he averaged 33 points and 6 assists while shooting 48.1% from beyond the arc. The Blazers will now move forward to the Western Conference Semifinals to face either the Denver Nuggets or the San Antonio Spurs.

Last year Trial Blazers were swept in the first round by New Orleans Pelicans. This year was different.

Lillard was picked up by Portland in 2012. He then was voted unanimous rookie of the year. He also has received 4 NBA All-Star selections. Which makes him 1 of 4 players in Trail Blazer history to be a 4-time All-Star.

Westbrook had little to nothing to say in the post-game interviews.“I’m very disappointed,” Westbrook said, “My process is always looking at myself first, figure out what I could have done better throughout the whole season to put my team in position to be able to win games.”

Lakewood alumni, Syeann Turner said, “It was a tough shot, but it was also clutch.”