Avengers: Endgame Review

Avengers: Endgame is here and fans are excited. The movie is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo who also directed Avengers: Infinity War. This movie has been the most anticipated movie of 2019 for the past year now as the cliff-hanger ending hit us from Avengers: Infinity War.

I personally loved this movie. It lives up to all the hype and I think this is one of the best Marvel movies ever made. With the movie running in at 3 hours and 2 minutes, every minute is just amazing.

Endgame is a film that feels like it was made by fans, for fans – to the point where some scenes will undoubtedly be labeled as outright fanservice. I don’t see how fans can dislike this movie whatsoever.

Last year’s Infinity War revolved around bad guy Thanos’ quest to “balance” the universe by wiping out half of all life with the snap of his finger (aka The Snapture). Endgame brings the focus back to the surviving Avengers as they fight to resurrect the fallen.

“I couldn’t believe my eyes after those 3 hours and 2 minutes” said Joseph Baire.

Endgame is the end of an era for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it serves as a giant sequel to every MCU movie ever made. Thankfully an in-depth knowledge of all 22 earlier films isn’t essential. The plot does jump around at times, which might confuse casual viewers, but bottom line: This thrill ride of a movie kicks off big and never lets up. It’s so much fun.

Downey Jr. and Evans also get arcs showcasing the evolution of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers — fitting since the former kickstarted the MCU with 2008’s Iron Man and the latter is the first Avenger. The movie wastes no time pairing the two back up despite Stark being last seen stranded in space, and gives audiences the chance to see how strong they are working as partners instead of rivals as established in 2016’s Captain America: Civil War.

This movie is a must-see. Go see this now. Please.