Cleveland Man Shot in Head

Cleveland Man Shot in Head

A twenty-two-year-old man was left in critical condition after suffering a bullet wound to the head.  On Tuesday, April 30th, the man was shot outside an apartment building in Cleveland’s North Shore-Collinwood neighborhood. A witness told authorities that she saw two groups arguing, which escalated into two men shooting at each other.

The twenty-two-year-old man was first rushed to Euclid Hospital and then flown by helicopter to MetroHealth. A MetroHealth spokesperson reported that he is listed as being in critical condition. The man was taken to the hospital by a thirty-three-year-old man from Euclid, who was later arrested on suspicion of felonious assault.

A phone recording of the incident was discovered where the Euclid man is seen shooting into a crowd of people during a fight. The man told investigators he was trying to break up the fight, and that the shooting happened after he and the 22-year-old man walked away and got into his car.

While the Cleveland Police were investigating reports of shots being fired they heard someone yell out, “that’s the vehicle.” Police then saw an SUV leaving the parking lot, so they pulled the car over near the park entrance. They ordered the driver and passengers to exit the vehicle so they could search it.

Police did not find any firearms in the vehicle. The SUV’s driver told investigators that she and her passengers were visiting her sister when a group of men and women confronted them in a parking lot. According to police reports, one of the SUV’s passengers had cellphone video of the incident. The video showed a man throw the sucker-punch. Another man then pulled out a gun and fired several shots into the air. The gun briefly jammed. The video then showed the man aim and fire at the people who were fighting.

Police are still identifying those involved in the incident and are trying to get to the bottom of it. Lakewood High School student, Sophie Sanders, was shocked to hear what had happened. She said, “I just can’t believe how people resort to violence like that. I hope the man who got shot recovers.”