What Is Next For The Marvel Cinematic Universe?

*SPOILERS*

With Iron Man and Captain America leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel are shifting their focus to newer heroes in Phase Four. So, what’s next for the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Their next offering as part of their Marvel agreement actually kicks off Phase Four; Spider-Man: Far From Home. Amy Pascal stated that it would begin “moments after” Avengers: Endgame.

For years, fans have been pleading for a Black Widow solo movie, and it’s finally happening. Production is apparently beginning this month (February 2019) so in time for Disney’s release date of May 1, 2020. Although she didn’t make it out of Avengers: Endgame, this could be a movie taking place way before everything for character story arc.

While his solo movie may have been a hit, not much is known about Doctor Strange 2Scott Derrickson is confirmed to return to direct the sequel, and of course Benedict Cumberbatch will be returning to his time wizard hero.

After the groundbreaking success of the first Black Panther film, including a Best Picture nomination at the Oscars no less, there was no question whether it would receive a sequel. While Kevin Feige remains tight-lipped on what it’ll revolve around, the rumours are already swirling about Michael B. Jordan’s return as Erik Killmonger.

Of course, the MCU is expected to release Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 at some point. At the end of Avengers: Endgame, Thor passed on the leader of Asgard to Valkyrie. He left Asgard to go with the Guardians and seems to be apart of them now and will be in their movie when it comes out.

“I think the future of the MCU will be very different from what it has been. It’s sad that the 21 movie story has come to a conclusion. We have more to come.” said Joseph Baire.

The future is bright for the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Avengers: Endgame made around 1.2 billion in the first 5 days of release.