Wednesday May 15, 2019

This is a great time of year for students to take the ACT® test. Juniors who test in June will get scores back in time to meet scholarship deadlines and college application deadlines. Sophomores can use the June ACT to gain a better understanding of scholastic strengths and identify areas for improvement.

Monday, May 20 is the last day to register for the June ACT test! 

REGISTER NOW!

The test is on Saturday, June 8.

Enter for a chance to win a $40,000 scholarship + a $5,000 tech package in the ACT Scholarship Giveaway

There will be a girls and boys tennis is meeting tomorrow, from 3:30-4:30 in Lecture Hall #1

Are you thinking of running Cross Country?  The Boys and Girls Cross Country coaches will have a brief sign up meeting immediately after school in the cafeteria tomorrow.  Come find out what it’s all about to be part of the defending South West Conference Championship Cross Country Team

The Lakewood Project would like to invite you “Into the Jungle” this Saturday, May 18that 7:30pm in the Lakewood Civic Auditorium.

Take a walk on the wild side as we perform music by groups named after animals, or songs that have animals in the title.

The Lakewood Project is committed to environmental causes, and therefore, a portion from each ticket sold will go towards building a butterfly garden here at Lakewood High School.

Presale tickets are available in the book room.

Advance tickets are $3 for students and $8 for adults.

Tickets at the door are $5 for students and $10 for adults.

Do you play the guitar, piano, bass or drum set?

Do you like rock, pop, jazz, and creating your own music?

Consider auditioning for the 2019-20 Lakewood Project.

Audition information can be found outside of the Civic stage door, hanging on the orchestra bulletin board.

If you want to know what it’s like, ask a current Lakewood Project member and they can tell you all about it. Auditions are June 3rd, so hurry!

Email Dr. Hankins-subject line Lakewood Project Audition __(instrument)____  and she will email you the application.

It’s Wednesday, so don’t forget to serve your after school detention!

Pre-ordered yearbooks not picked up yesterday are available in the Bookroom.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Taco Wedges .50¢

Papa John’s Cheese, or Pepperoni Pizza, $3.00 per slice