Tiger Woods Seeks Win in PGA Championship

There are 156 players in the 2019 PGA Championship at Bethpage Black. Tiger Woods prepares to capture his 16th major win, will we see the Woods that was locked in with his body and game at Augusta? Woods tees off Thursday morning at 8:24 a.m. on the 10th hole, with Open champion Francesco Molinari and U.S. Open and 2018 PGA champion Brooks Koepka.

Tiger can count four PGA Championship titles (1999, 2000, 2006, 2007) among his 15 majors. He also finished in the top 10 on five other occasions, including second place last year. All of those events, however, took place in August, toward the end of a Tour calendar in which Tiger played multiple non-majors. In other words, it was different then.

“Prior to playing, I feel great,” he told reporters at a news conference Tuesday. “I wanted to play at Quail Hollow (two weeks ago), but to be honest with you, I wasn’t ready yet to start the grind of practicing and preparing and logging all those hours again. … I was feeling good in the gym, but I wasn’t mentally prepared to log in the hours.”

“Coming here is a different story. I was able to log in the hours, put in the time and feel rested and ready. That’s going to be the interesting part going forward: how much do I play and how much do I rest? I think I’ve done a lot of the legwork and the hard work already, trying to find my game over the past year and a half. Now I think it’s just maintaining it. I know that I feel better when I’m fresh. The body doesn’t respond like it used to, doesn’t bounce back quite as well, so I’ve got to be aware of that.” Tiger Woods said.

“I really hope Tiger secures another major. It would be a crazy sight to see. History will be made,” said Joseph Baire.

Tiger roar.