James Morrissey

James Morrissey

What seems like 4 scores but in reality, it was 4 years ago and I was still a freshman. No job, no hair on my face, no varsity letters, no mistakes, no come ups. It was a simple time full of simple pleasures. As senior year winds down I walk down a hall full of faded memories, and I think back on that simple time.

There’s a lot of advice I could give to any incoming students, but if we’re being honest I don’t think what I would say would rub off on anyone. High school is full of young adults trying to figure out who they are, and most importantly what they want to do later in life.

Just as I didn’t retain any advice, I made high school my own experience. I learned through failure just like everyone else. Looking back the one thing I would pass on would be to experience as much as possible. Whether your experience is good or bad, you will learn and grow from your own choices.

I felt like I set myself up for success. I went into freshmen year with high school credits, and I finished with solid grades. I was involved in sports and school activities, keeping me in shape and on the right path. I realized the key to success is to just get things done, and that’s what I did.

If you’re my parents you might know that I didn’t do homework. I got my work done in school and by my senior year, the classes were as easy as finding bread at a bakery. I’ve taken risks, have gotten in trouble, I have lost, and I have changed. There are a lot of things I would do differently but I wouldn’t want to change who I am today.

I plan on studying flight and aviation along with business at Ohio University. My true intention is to grow as a person and set myself up for success later on in life.