Madeline Tobey

Madeline Tobey

My time here at Lakewood High School has been eventful. Even though I did not participate in a lot of activities, I have made a lot of good memories and friends.

Some of my favorite memories came from working on the yearbook. I was a part of the yearbook staff for three years and my senior year I was lucky enough to become an editor for the yearbook. My senior year I got to work on many of the pages with my friends and had the ability to make the yearbook the best I could. With the help of two friends, I designed the yearbook cover for my senior year.

Throughout the years I have made and lost many friends. I met my best friend my freshman year and we have been inseparable ever since. I also have become closer with friends from elementary school. I am so grateful I grew up in the same district and got to rekindle so many friendships over the years.

While I have made many memories of my time as a student, I don’t want to focus on the past. Instead, I am going to look forward to my future. I am beyond excited to graduate and never look back. I am attending Cleveland State University in the fall. While I am going in undecided, I am considering careers in math, science or medicine. If it wasn’t for the wonderful staff at Lakewood, I would not be who I am today. They helped guide me and helped me grow. Thanks to my amazing teachers I know I am prepared for whatever college throws at me.