Madyson Al-Ghaben

Madyson Al-Ghaben

From the beginning of freshman year to the end of senior year, I always imagined the day I get to finally graduate high school and go to college. I was always ready to leave high school, but as the days inch closer, I know I’m going to definitely miss it. When you’re young, you think you know it all, but as you grow older, you wish you could remember it all.

I was home-schooled my freshman year, so coming to Lakewood High School my sophomore year was nerve-wracking. Not knowing which direction to go, surrounded by new people, feeling like you won’t fit in. It was all in my head. Looking back at myself my sophomore year to my senior year, I’m really happy and proud of the person I grew to be. I made friends, I lost them. I passed tests, I failed them. I made great decisions, and then I also made bad ones. It’s a learning and growing process.

A great memory that I have here at LHS was meeting my three best friends Kamar, Selena and Arianna. They don’t know it, but they really helped me out my junior and senior years in high school. We’re all still best friends to this day and grow closer together everyday. They’re like the big sisters I never had, but always wished for.

I plan on attending Cuyahoga Community College in the fall semester. I’m kind of undecided on what I really want to study. I’m stuck between Cybersecurity or something in the medical field. My dream career is to work in Film/TV, but right now I just need a back-up plan. Who says you only have one purpose in life? After attending Cuyahoga Community College, I also plan on transferring to a university. I hope I can go somewhere out-of-state, but if I have to stay in Ohio, I’m cool with that too. I also plan on pursuing my acting career after.

If I could give any underclassmen reading this any advice, it’s to always stand out and be outgoing. Join a club. Play a sport. Take a language class here at LHS. Whatever you can do to get that full high school experience. I spent most of my time working and going to school, but if I had a chance to do it all over again, I’d definitely would have joined many clubs and sports to meet new people and gain more memories.

Also, don’t slack. It seems like it won’t matter now, but in the end, it does. Being able to look back at all your hard work and memories just makes you proud of the person that you are in that moment. But always put your mental, emotional and physical health first!

As emotional as it is to leave the school you’ve been attending for four years, I’m very excited to start a new chapter in my life and to learn more. Congratulations to the class of 2019!