We Stand Up For What is Right

On Tuesday, May 21st, 2019, there was a Stop Abortion Bans Day of Action gathering at Downtown Cleveland in Public Square. This was going on all over the country not only in Cleveland. I had the chance to go to this gathering and it was a wonderful experience. To see all these people of different races, genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, religions, and ages. We were all one.

This gathering was hosted by Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio and NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio. There were stickers being passed out and chalk being available to leave a message on the cement and posters EVERYWHERE. The posters people created were all so creative and showed different powerful phrases or their views or how they feel about these bans going on.

The First Amendment gives us the right to have freedom of speech. That is exactly what the people at this rally were doing. They were standing side by side with strangers they do not even know and speaking their mind…becoming one. Fighting this ban together peaceful is what matters.

We were all fighting for one thing that we believe in and that we think should happen. We are fighting for the change. We are fighting for what is right. We are fighting to have what needs to happen.

The more the problem is known the more people who show up and support. Meaning the more attention we will get and with that attention hopefully we can finally get a change. “Girls just want to have fun(damental) bodily rights,” said junior Payton Rossen. Our bodies, Our rights. That is what we are fighting for.