Friday September 6, 2019

Attention Students! The Homecoming dance will be held on Saturday, 9/28. Before you can buy a ticket, this is a reminder that you need to turn in all past due textbooks & calculators to the bookroom by the end of the day next Monday, 9/9 at 3:15.

Mock Trial will have an organizational meeting on Monday, September 9th at 3:05 pm in room C311. If you are interested in joining the mock trial team be sure to attend this meeting.

Attention students, if you are late after 1°, please check into the attendance office, located across the hall from the health center.

There will be an organizational meeting at 3:15 after school today at the High School Baseball Field for any 9th to 12th grade student interested in trying out for the LHS Baseball Teams next February.  It is very important that you attend or at least stop by to find out workout opportunities and information needed to prepare for playing High School Baseball.

Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?  Would you like to spend a week at camp in Western Michigan?  Then AYF is for you!  Come to our introductory meeting on Thursday, September 12 at 3:05 in B301.  We will discuss dates and fund raising opportunities. See Ms Wheeler in B301 if you have any questions.

Seniors the school year is off to a great start…don’t forget to start looking at Scholarships posted in Naviance starting with September. We have two local ones, the Cleveland Browns Scholarship is due Sept 30th, and the Convencion Hispana Essay Contest is due Sept. 23rd. You can use Control F, to search by date. Any questions see Mrs. Sandoval in the Guidance Office.

The H2O office is closed today. Contact information for Mrs. Chodzin and Mrs. Hutchison is posted on the office door.

H2O has two service opportunities next week. Help the bees and harvest fresh produce for the local food pantry Monday, September 9 after school at Madison Park working in the H2O vegetable and pollinators gardens.

Or, meet us in the LHS cafeteria after school Thursday, September 12 to work together assembling kits for Connecting for Kids, a local organization helping young children. Sign up outside the H2O office, E102, in the cafeteria.

Art Club and National Art Honor Society will hold their first meeting of the year on Thursday, Sept. 12. We will meet in Mrs. Hansen’s room B206 from 3:15 to 4:30pm.

This is a reminder to students that food service delivery is not permitted at Lakewood High School.  For safety reasons we cannot have delivery drivers entering the building interrupting the main office staff.   Parents may still drop off food at the Main Office on the occasion you may have forgotten your lunch.   

Thank you for helping keep LHS safe.   

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Papa John’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza $3.00 per Slice

In addition, as a vegetarian option along with the student lunch program, we are now offering a garden salad.