Monday September 9, 2019

Attention Students!  The Homecoming dance is on Saturday, 9/28.  Before you can buy a ticket, this is a reminder that you need to turn in all past due textbooks & calculators to the bookroom by 3:15 today.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday for $15 each thru Tuesday, Sept. 17; the price will be $20 on Wednesday, Sept. 18 thru Wednesday, September 25.  The last day to purchase tickets is Wednesday, September 25, and you must have the signed form with you at the time of purchase.  Absolutely NO tickets will be sold on Friday, September 27, or at the dance.

The Mock Trial organizational meeting is at 3:05 pm in room C311 today.  If you are interested in joining the mock trial team be sure to attend this meeting.

Seniors the school year is off to a great start…don’t forget to start looking at Scholarships posted in Naviance starting with September.  We have two local ones, the Cleveland Browns Scholarship is due Sept 30th, and the Convencion Hispania Essay Contest is due Sept. 23rd.  You can use Control F, to search by date.  Any questions see Mrs. Sandoval in the Guidance Office.

H2O will meet in the LHS cafeteria after school this Thursday to work together to assemble kits for Connecting for Kids, a local organization helping young children. Sign up outside the H2O office, E102, in the cafeteria.

Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?  Would you like to spend a week at camp in Western Michigan?  Then AYF is for you!  Come to our introductory meeting this Thursday at 3:05 in B301.  We will discuss dates and fund raising opportunities. See Ms Wheeler in B301 if you have any questions.

The first Model UN meeting is this Wednesday right after school in C314. See Dr. Greanoff or Ms. Kindstrand for more details.

For those interested in the being a member of the gymnastics team, there will be a preseason organizational meeting on Monday, September 16.  Please meet in the LHS cafeteria at 4:30 P.M. and there will be a brief parents meeting at 6:00.

Wednesday, September 11, marks the 18th anniversary of 9/11. To commemorate the nearly 3,000 people who lost their lives on that horrific day, Key Club will be placing flags on the front lawn to represent the victims, and our countries patriotism. If you would like to help place flags and be part of a great opportunity to represent these victims and our country, please meet on the front lawn right after school tomorrow. All are welcomed to help!

The following College will be visiting Lakewood High School this week:

Tiffin University will be here this Wednesday in the LRC during 5° and 6°.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Mini Corndogs $2.00

Papa John’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza $3.00 per Slice

In addition, as a vegetarian option along with the student lunch program, we are now offering a garden salad.