Top 4 Cold and flu products to help take care of yourself this season

It’s coming! The cold and flu season is swiftly approaching, and some people may even argue that it is already here.

Since the school system is basically a never-ending cycle of colds and passing sickness from person to person, and despite wanting to miss some days of school, we don’t want to miss EVERY day, because our course work would just pile up.

Here are the top five products that I would use to prevent myself from being miserable while at school.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

Just add some honey and lemon to this tea after steeping it, and you have something that will help your sore throat, clear your sinuses, and boost your immune system.

Vicks VapoRub

You may remember this stuff from your childhood, when you would get a chest cold and your parent would rub this on your chest to help you breathe better. You may smell like cough drops for the entire day, but this is a tried and true way to help you breathe better.

Hall’s Honey Lemon Cough Drops

While most people prefer Luden’s cough drops for their sore throats because they taste great, they don’t necessarily have all the ingredients in them that make them the prime practical cough drop. Using something with menthol in it, which Luden’s does not, helps relieve your sore throat for longer.

Pocket Kleenex

Do we really need to explain this one? Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, all of it comes with the cold, so having these on hand would prevent the spread of germs and the embarrassment of having to sneeze into your shirt and the possibility of gross things happening.

So,  if you ever find yourself having to come to school while sick, these are a few items that would be helpful to have on hand.