A Freshman’s Take On Homecoming

I know that a lot of people enjoy homecoming; however my experience wasn’t great. I understand the concept and why it is the way it is,  but I just personally do not like it.

The amount of people there was a huge issue for me. I knew it was going to be all four grades and I knew that there would be a lot of people. I still decided to give it a try though. I think that it should be separated by grade. I know that it isn’t very convenient and I don’t expect it to change, but it is just what I think would work better for me personally.

It is also quite pricey. It was difficult for me to even be able to go.  It also costs money to get water. I think that there should be some things there for free if we are having to pay 15-20 dollars. Again, I understand why, but I don’t like it all that much. It is difficult for me to pay for.

What was cool was the decorations. They weren’t very plentiful, but what was there was kind of cool. That was one of the only saving graces for me, even though it wasn’t that much of one.

A lot of high school students enjoy Homecoming. I just personally did not enjoy it all that much.

I’m sure I would have enjoyed it if certain things were different. However, the style doesn’t work with who I am as a person. The first impressions weren’t great for me. I honestly wanted an excuse to dress fancy because I like that style.