Elizabeth Myers

Elizabeth Myers

Elizabeth Myers is a junior at Lakewood High School, she is involved in many extra curricular activities while still balancing school, work and her home life. Elizabeth plays the clarinet for Wind Ensemble, she is a three-year member of the Lakewood Marching band. She is a very caring, driven, and intelligent student. I recently interviewed Elizabeth to get a closer look into her life.

Q : Are you involved in any West Shore Classes. If so, which one and why?

A : I’m in Health Careers,.I chose this program because I know that I want to do something involving the medical field, I’m just not sure exactly what yet. I’ve been thinking about being a labor and delivery nurse because I was lucky enough to see my niece be born, it was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen. 

Q : Are you involved in any extracurricular activities. If so what, and what is your favorite thing about it?

A : I am on the flag line for the marching band. My favorite part is performances, everyone works really hard and puts in a lot of hours to make sure that we look good on Friday nights. The feeling that you get when you go out on the field, everyone is watching and cheering, and you knowing you look good is one of the best feelings ever. 

Q : How is your junior year going, do you have any advice for next year’s junior class?

A : So far, the start of junior year has been my best year yet. Academically, I am doing really well, I have all A’s right now. One thing that has helped me, which I have done more this year than any other, is staying organized. I use my planner every period and write everything down because I forgot a lot of homework last year. My advice would be to take advantage of study hall times and use progress book to stay up on everything. 

And with that Elizabeth has given us some insight into her day-to-day activities, and secrets of surviving high school.