Lakewood Annual Spooky Pooch Parade Coming Up

Halloween season is coming for everyone, including the furry friends all around Lakewood. The 2019 Spooky Pooch Parade is planned on October 19 at Kauffman Park. Plan ahead of time to walk in the annual parade meant for dogs of Halloween.

For this parade of dogs, registration and tickets must be purchased. If a dog is planned to walk in the Spooky Pooch parade, purchase tickets before October 19, will be $10 per dog participating. Day-of registration will cost a total of $15 per participating dog. There are dogs participating discounts at pre-registration for the parade. All dog owners and humans will of course be free of cost.  There are no cancellations to minor weather conditions such as rain.

What if no dog is in a household? Feel free to watch the parade and enjoy dogs dressed up in Halloween costumes. The Spooky Pooch Parade is known to be as a favorite traditional event in the Northeast Ohio area.  This event is open from 12:30 – 3:00 pm, so be ready! ¨This is great for the community to have¨

The schedule will keep everyone busy through the whole event. At 12:30 pm will be the Spooky Pooch festival, which will lead to dog yoga at 1:00 pm. Pink Lotus Yoga of Lakewood hosts this part of the event which is literally dogs completing yoga at Kaufmann Park. –

For those just interested in this yoga option, no ticket purchase is necessary. Please bring your own yoga mat and dogs dressed up in costumes are optional according to Lakewood Alive. At 2:00 pm will be the actual parade on Detroit Avenue in Downtown Lakewood. All dogs must be registered for this part and should be in a Halloween costume for 3:15pm awards.

Mark your calendars now! Be excited and prepared for the spooky canine event! You can purchase and register your pet for this parade online at evenbrite.com or Google. Begin your process now and begin searching for a costume!