Barrio – the Taco Spot

Barrio -  the Taco Spot

Lakewood is home to many restaurants of different cultures and styles of food. You can find anything from authentic pizza to Thai cuisine, along with many others. One of the most popular places in Lakewood happens to be Barrio on Madison Avenue.

Barrio is a very energetic and inviting taco spot with a very do-it-yourself atmosphere which it visitors tend to enjoy. They play great music and the service is impeccable.

The ordering style is my favorite part of the night. As soon as you get to your table, your waiter will of course ask you what beverage you would like whether that be water, soda, or some of their alcohol selections for people of age. Then, if you are a first-time visitor, your waiter will explain to how to order you tacos.

Once you grab one of the ordering pads you can either create your own tacos with options that range from gluten free, to vegan, or you can chose some of their signature tacos. Barrio is one of the best places in Lakewood to enjoy a night out on the town, whether that be after a Friday night game, or just an outing with some of your closest friends.

They also offer catering services for your parties and events. I recently asked a friend of mine, Ava Myers, what her thoughts were on the restaurant. “I enjoy Barrio a lot, I really like the food and the vibes you get from eating there.”

Overall Barrio has some of the best aspects of a restaurant — it’s close to home, inexpensive, and serves good food.

I would definitely recommend a visit or their catering services to a friend.