Holiday Cheer at Sounds of the Season

Holiday Cheer at Sounds of the Season

Annually Lakewood High School presents exciting performances to celebrate some holiday cheer with songs and stories. This year Lakewood’s George P. Read Music Department will take the spotlight at the Civic this weekend!

You have two opportunities to see them perform on the 13th and 14th of December, starting at 7:30 PM.  This Lakewood holiday tradition features the best of the best musicians from the band, choir, and orchestra groups such as, The LHS Chamber Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Mixed Choir, along with being accompanied by the elementary school choir.

All tickets are $8 at the door or $5 if purchased from the Bookroom in advance, a small price to pay for a glorious adventure of the arts. But, you can win your money’s worth and much more by purchasing a raffle ticket to be a guest player in the orchestra ensemble and the chance to win many more exciting prizes.

I asked a couple of students to participate in the concert to voice their reasons why you should join us at the concert this weekend!

I asked Jill King, a cellist in the Symphony Orchestra, “Celebration of cultures and diversity of music are here to be commemorated. While showcasing the talents of our youth.”

Lila Wright, a trombonist in the Wind Ensemble, said: “Get ready to rock your socks off!”

Jamie Holland, a singer in the Symphonic Mixed Choir, explains, “Sounds of the Season is the giant cultivation of the best ensembles the LHS music programs have to offer. There are so many groups performing and combining to show off Lakewood’s holiday spirit.”

Dr. Hankins, the director of the Music Program, says: “This performance is the only time of the year in which all the different sections join together in harmony to celebrate the holiday seasons.”

Overall it is a grand experience to hear wonderful music, and share the love for the holidays with the people around you. Bring your family together through dancing the night away, while getting in the holiday spirit; hope to see you there!