Why and How It Could Be Fun to Build a Computer Yourself.

Now you may look at the title and think to yourself, there is no way someone could build a computer by themselves at home, and there is nothing wrong with thinking that. Before I built my computer, that’s what I thought as well.

So I began to research, watch videos and read articles about how to do exactly what I wanted, to build a computer. What I heard from many was that building a computer was like advanced Legos, and I would have to agree.

So, now you know that it is possible to build your own computer, but now you’re asking how? Well, it is simple, First find out what components you may need, If you’re doing simple everyday things like browsing the internet, you may not need a graphics card, but if you want to game on the machine you will build, this is a requirement.

Once you have found your respective parts and made sure that everything is compatible, you’re gonna want to put it together, it’s that simple.

First what you are going to want to do is discharge the static electricity from your body, It is as simple as touching someone else, but if you want to be safe, work on a grounded anti-static mat. Second, you will remove all the parts from their packaging and place them on their boxes. You will then take the motherboard and unlatch the CPU retention arm. Once the cover is off the CPU socket, you will install the CPU, If you have an AMD CPU, the pins will be on the chip, make sure to protect them as they can bend and ruin your fun before it even starts. Once the CPU is installed, you will be able to install the graphics card into the PCIe 16x slot. Once this is installed you can begin to install the ram, ensure you use the 2nd and 4th DIMM slot if you are using 2 DIMMs.

Once you have completed these steps, install the motherboard along with all the components into your case. At this point, you will also install a hard drive and a power supply. Plug everything in, install windows, steam and some games and have some fun.