Dang Good Foods is Dang Good

Dang Good Foods is Dang Good

In December 2019, Dang Good Foods opened its doors on Madison Avenue, right across the street from Lakewood High School.

What started off as a food truck has become a small but full-fledged restaurant serving delicious Singaporean fare Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. According to its website, the institution is owned by Singapore-born Lakewoodite Daniel Ang, whose foods are inspired by his childhood and the many other cuisines (Chinese, Japanese, Malay, Indian, and Korean) that influence Singaporean food.

Among the dishes served at the eatery are wonton soup, wings, curry rice, bone broth noodles, steamed buns, rice wraps, and a number of desserts. Pick up orders can be made, or guests can sit down and order.

The location is ideal; it is one of the closest restaurants to Lakewood High, making it the perfect place for students and teachers to grab something great to eat. With this in mind, I made my way up to Dang Good Foods for lunch with a friend during midterms week in December, just a few days after it opened its doors for the first time.

The tiny restaurant was small and welcoming. Hot jasmine tea warmed us from our cold but short walk from the school and crunchy spring rolls made for a tasty appetizer. My main course consisted of some of the best vegetable fried rice I have ever eaten, well worth the relatively low price.

I look forward to returning to Dang Good Foods, and I encourage everyone to give it a try, either for lunch during finals week or for dinner any day. After all, you’ll get to enjoy incredible food while supporting a local small business!