Rangers Hockey Update

Rangers Hockey Update

This past Saturday, Lakewood’s Hockey team had their annual senior night. This night is extra special because it is a night that celebrates the seniors’ last home game. The team is made up of 14 players and has 4 seniors, Abbie Tuleta, Will Holden, Rob Holden and Tyler Harden.

At the game on Saturday they played a Canfield team. They were tied 4-4 and in the last 17 seconds freshman Eli LaDue scored the Rangers’ winning goal. During this game senior Rod Holden had over 40 saves and senior Will Holden broke the school record for the amount goals he has scored.

February 11, 2020, they had a playoff game for the Baron Cup tournement. If they lost then that would be their last game, but if they won then they would compete in another game on Saturday. Unfortunately they did not win. The final score was 5-1 against Chagrin Falls.

In the past five years this is the fourth time that the Lakewood hockey team has even qualified for the Baron Cup.

As their season concluded they ended up 20-10. Senior Abbie Tuleta says, “This is the best group of people I have met and have never been part of a better team. I am so grateful I got the opportunity to be apart of them. I am so sad that the season has ended, but so happy for all the fun memories I got to make.”

It appears they all had a good season. They all worked very hard to accomplish as much as they have!