National Honor Society

National Honor Society is a huge organization in educational systems. This organization recognizes students for their many accomplishments, and exceeding expectations in scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These are known as the four pillars.

To even be considered to be a part of this highly thought of organization there is a certain criteria one has to meet. The first one is a minimal GPA of 3.500. The second one is a minimum total of 24 service hours, and lastly one must submit a letter of interest. Showing these qualifications and other activities they are involved in to show what they are made of.

Recently on February 6, 2020 the National Honor Society had their induction ceremony. Senior officers Emma Hirsch, and Cameron Levis delivered entertaining speeches. This welcomed the new leaders, and recognizes them for their hard work, and good character. Junior, Cara Harmon says, “She is so happy to be selected into this.”

NHS hopes to continue to welcome many more outstanding scholar here at Lakewood High School, and are excited to see the ones that were just welcomed will do in the future. They hope to set an example of what good role models and leaders do and have many follow in their footsteps.