Simon Thompson

Simon Thompson

Simon Thompson is a junior here at Lakewood High School and has a near 5.0 GPA. He also is on the Academic Challenge team for Lakewood.He also received a 35 on his act without using a calculator! Knowing how successful he is in school, it was only necessary to ask him a few questions about his experience at Lakewood and what he has planned for the future.

Q: What is the Environment at Lakewood High School like for you?

A: “The environment is great. It is so strongly pushed that students become successful in this school and I like that because it pushes me to be better.”

Q: If you could pick one sport to play, what would it be?

A: “Well I played soccer my freshman year and I was pretty good I guess, so probably soccer.”

Q: Do you think that because Lakewood is a bigger school, it is harder to get noticed?

A: “I try not to worry about getting noticed that much because then I wouldn’t be doing what I want to do; I would be doing what others want me to do. It is nice to be noticed but it is not my number one priority.”

Q: What do you plan on doing in the future?

A: “I plan on attending a community college for 2 years to save money, then transfer to a much more competitive school to major in chemical engineering.”

It is obvious that Simon is not your average student. He succeeds academically and is very driven. I think it is safe to say that in the future, he will be doing some great things as a chemical engineer.