Is the Dragonball Franchise Coming to an end Anytime Soon?

The Dragonball franchise is one of the longest-running series around the world, and is arguably one of the most popular. The first manga chapter of Dragonball was released in Japan on September 10th, 1985, and the first episode was released on February 26th, 1986.

The most recent installment of Dragonball is known as Dragonball Super, and it follows the adventures of Goku and his companions much later in their lives.  The last episode was aired in the U.S. on November 2nd, 2019. The creators still plan on adding more to the series, despite there being 575 total episodes of the franchise, not including the GT series.

This franchise has been running for 34 years, and it doesn’t seem like it’s slowing down anytime soon. Not too long ago, they released the Dragonball Super Broly Movie, and it ended up making 116.5 million dollars in profit, making it the 11th highest grossing animated movie internationally.

Not to mention, they release a new game for the series every two years or so, which provides even more content for the fans to enjoy.

All that being said, I believe the franchise will last at least another decade, as it is showing no obvious signs of  slowing down in terms of its popularity.