Italy’s Infection Rates Slow Down

Graph+Showing+Infection+Rate+
    Graph Showing Infection Rate

Amidst the rising number of global cases, the U.S. and Italy seem to have the  larger number of cases of the COVID-19 virus.

However as it stands, Italy currently has the most deaths caused by the virus globally.  They currently have 14,681 deaths on record for people who have succumbed to the virus.

Although there is still hope, according to the Guardian, approximately 85,338 people are currently infected with an increase of 2,339 new cases, which is 138 fewer cases than it was Thursday.

Comparatively this may seem insignificant, but it’s the country’s first steps towards recovery and is somewhat a promising sign.  The infection rate has fallen to less than 3% and seems to have stabilized.

This is all thanks to the nurses, doctors, and other healthcare groups working day in and day out to help treat patients with the little supplies that they have. They continue to work themselves to the bone even if it means they could get infected with the virus.

“We don’t want to end up in a cycle of lockdown followed by release, followed by another lockdown followed by release,” said Mike Ryan, head of health emergencies at the WHO. Countries need to make a massive investment in testing and contact tracing because the only way to get rid of the disease truly is to hunt it down”-Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press briefing in Geneva