Coronavirus Statistics

Coronavirus+Statistics

There is a pandemic going on all over the world. COVID-19, or the term everybody knows: Coronavirus. COVID-19 has affected many people’s lives, some in harsh ways and some in harmless ways. Nevertheless, the pandemic is affecting everybody in the world in one way or another. And for us, it is affecting our school lives, causing us all to have to stay at home and work online to prevent the spread of the virus. Many stores and businesses have been closed and many people have to stay home and isolate themselves to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

As of the last recorded Friday, April 17th, there are 2,173,432 cases of COVID-19 confirmed worldwide, and of those numbers, 554,786 people have recovered. But sadly, 146,291 have passed away because of the pandemic. Of those confirmed cases in the world, the U.S contains 677,529 cases of the coronavirus. Of those confirmed, 56,134 people have recovered from the virus, but 35,394 have passed away. And in our state, Ohio, 6,518 cases have been confirmed; there is no recording of anybody being cured and 248 people have passed.

COVID-19 is sadly becoming bigger and bigger, and we must do all we can as citizens to keep the spread contained. Everybody stay at home, don’t touch your face, wash your hands daily, and stay 6 feet away from anybody who is not in your own household. Stay strong, and keep up on the news made about COVID-19.