Emma Carson

Emma Carson

Emma Carson is a Lakewood High School senior involved in orchestra, the Lakewood Project, National Honor Society, and the Contemporary Youth Orchestra. She plans to go to Case Western Reserve University in the fall to major in music education. I sent her a message to ask about her life while social distancing, her time at LHS, and her plans for the future.

What are you doing to keep busy during these trying times?

I have started reading a lot! I usually don’t have time to read for pleasure, so I’m taking advantage of the extra time at home to catch up on some reading. I’m also practicing violin and watching Netflix.

How have things changed for you since virtual learning started?

It’s really strange not seeing any of my teachers or classmates in person. Lakewood’s teachers are doing a great job keeping us learning! It also feels weird not having rehearsals or school events going on.

What has been the best experience of your Lakewood High School career?

The best experience I’ve had at Lakewood High School has been being a part of the orchestra program! I am so grateful for all of the opportunities I have had through our music program. My favorite orchestra events have been performing with the Piano Guys at Playhouse Square, playing with The Lakewood Project on July 4th, and playing with the Cleveland Orchestra!

What are you most excited about for college?

I am most excited to start focusing on studies related to my chosen field. I am also really excited to meet new people and experience new things!

Does anything scare you about going to college?

I am a little nervous about navigating a new campus, but overall I’m just really excited for college!

Do you have any idea of what you want to do after college?

After college I want to be a high school orchestra teacher.

Do you have any advice for underclassmen at LHS?

My advice for underclassmen would be to make the most of the time you have in high school. Take advantage of all the opportunities that LHS has to meet new people and explore different interests. We have such a great variety of classes and activities, now is a great time to find out what really interests you, especially in the first few years of high school.