Donald Trump’s Opinions on the COVID-19 Pandemic

Evan Vucci/AP/Shutterstock
    Mandatory Credit: Photo by Evan Vucci/AP/Shutterstock (10434333bm) Donald Trump, Sauli Niinisto. President Donald Trump speaks during a meeting with Finnish President Sauli Niinisto in the Oval Office of the White House, in Washington Trump, Washington, USA – 02 Oct 2019

During this time, the COVID-19 pandemic is growing larger; As last recorded on Monday, April 28th there are 3,063,814 confirmed cases, 906,898 people recovered, and 212,345 deaths worldwide. And not only is the pandemic growing worldwide it is also growing larger within our country; As of last recorded Monday, April 28th there are 1,012,561 confirmed cases, 113,934 people recovered, and 56,876 deaths. During this harsh time, our President is supposed to be giving us needed information and suggestions about the CoronaVirus. But, is the information and suggestions given to us useful or even at all accurate?

Donald Trump was elected as our President in 2016 and has lead us from then until now. As the COVID-19 pandemic is growing larger we need our president more than ever to give us the right information we need as well as to keep the panic of our nation to a minimum. Which brings us to just a few days ago, when our President gave the idea of ‘Injecting Patients with Disinfectant’ and to use ‘UV Light’ to treat the Coronavirus. Here is a link to a video of our President speaking this idea.

In the video, it clearly shows how he speaks to someone out of the camera telling them to test to see if they can treat COVID-19 patients with ‘UV light’ and/or treat COVID-19 patients by ‘ Injecting with Disinfectant’. As this had gotten a lot of backlash from many people as it is clearly unhealthy to inject yourself disinfectant our President gave some more words, seemingly to cover up the fact that he said the wrong thing. And this wrong thing could hurt lots of people, as injecting yourself with a disinfectant is not at all healthy, very dangerous, and very deadly.

As the CoronaVirus grows larger, we as citizens must be smart and do the things we are told to do. Donald Trump may be our president and may say intelligent things at times but these words he spoke aren’t the most ethical. Stay safe and stay in your homes.