Last Day Adjusted to May 20

Last Day Adjusted to May 20

The pandemic of 2020 changed nearly almost everything. Lakewood City School students have been learning and completing assignments online for the fourth quarter. Schools are closed for the remainder of the year. The initial final day of instruction was planned for June 2, the Lakewood Board of Education agreed to finish the online instruction May 20. This shortens the school year and gives a lot of relief for students and teachers.

The Board said May 20th would work to give much time for staff to plan for the 2020-21 school year making it safe for the fall return.

IMPORTANT INFO & DATES BEFORE YEAR WRAP UP:

Class of 2020 last day – May 14

Chromebook repair – is your Chromebook in need of technical repair? 11am – 12pm Garfield/Harding Middle and Lakewood High School will fix Chromebooks Mondays and Thursdays only.

Meal distribution – students that pick up meals by the Lakewood City Schools may pick up at same location, days, and times as the Chromebook repair. Meals are to continue until June 2.

Book/Chromebook return – Juniors and underclassmen: dates should be out soon. May 21st is the date for seniors, times are available when you may come in by last names.

Locker clean out – Juniors and underclassmen: dates should be out soon. May 21st is  also when seniors can clean lockers or take things home; times are available when you may come in by last names.

Sport uniform/equipment returns – Dates have been April 27 and May 4, if you still have something in need of return, please let the athletic office know. Missing items from the athletic department will be on school fees.

Prom/graduation commencement – dates are set but all events are subject to change.

If you as a student have any questions check out the Lakewood City Schools website or reach out to a teacher for information. Just remember finish all work by specific date and that your last day (if not a senior) is on May 20.