Elon Musk’s Neuralink

What is Neuralink? Neuralink is something that Elon Musk is creating that connects to your brain. It connects to your visual, auditory, somatosensory, and motor complex in the back and sides of your brain.

The Neuralink would connect to the thousands of little neurons and are inside your brain. It would be capable of processing these neurons and sending this information to the Neuralink.

For example, if someone with the Neuralink installed was moving his arm while moving around a computer mouse, the Neuralink would observe what he is doing, and with enough practice, the person would be able to control a virtual mouse. After a while, people would be able to control multiple things at a time.

The first thing this would be used for is to help people with spinal cord injuries. It would let them be able to have computer control. The future applications for this technology are the treatment of neurological disorders and restoring sensory and motor function. “This sounds awesome! I can’t wait for this to be out,” says Liam Craighead, a freshman at St Ignatius.

This has not yet been tested on humans and is still in development. It is supposed to be implanted through the side of the head and connected to the brain in surgery. The problem with this is that inserting this into or onto the brain is very dangerous. Elon Musk and his crew are trying to use micron-scale threads and using a needle that is somehow the size of a few neurons inside the brain.

Lots of people think that Elon Musk is trying to mind control us, but I believe he is just trying to help people with disabilities and trying to help humans advance.