Volleyball Senior Night

Little did Lakewood City Schools know we would even have fall sports due to COVID-19, yet alone have all the special things that come with it.

One very special thing that many sport teams look forward to in their careers is senior night. Senior night really allows each player get their 15 seconds of fame. So the fact that everything cleared up enough for this night to happen is so nice.

Recently, the Lakewood Girls’ Volleyball team had their senior night on Thursday October 15th, playing Buckeye. Before the game started, four seniors were very excited it was finally their time to walk across the gym before their game as their favorite things and plans for the future were read about them.

The underclassmen made the night even better by decorating the gym and cafeteria with lots of posters and purple and gold. They had all played Buckeye before and lost, but that was in the past and being in the stands you could tell the Rangers were ready for a rematch.

Sadly the girls couldn’t get a win, but they held their own only losing each set. Hopefully next time Lakewood will be on the winning side.

All in all, although the win wasn’t there, everything and everyone else was there to make this volleyball senior night one for the books.